Monday, February 22, 2010

Sigh

Don't you hate it when your gaming experience is ruined by people not shutting the fuck up while you're trying very hard to finish the game?

I do.

13 years after its release, I finally beat Final Fantasy VII after playing it for the first time ever (well second, if you consider the brief amount of time I spent playing it on my friend's PS2 before I got my own copy for the PSP, but the amount of plot I saw was negligible at best). But during almost the entire final cut scene, people decided it'd be cool to talk about trivia and tidbits while I'm trying to enjoy the music and immerse myself in that world.

And I love doing that. I love throwing myself completely into another world while the events of the cinema scenes unfold. It's amazing to me. And free.

But if people are talking, then I can't fully immerse myself because part of the reality I have to live in is still present. And it sucks.

I just wanted to say that. I think I'm going to finish games solo from now on, just to avoid bitching at people.

Peace, Love, and MarioKart
~Dexie