Friday, September 19, 2008

RCN 18186-H

I keep you close to my heart, always.

It's not the same without you, and it never will be. Words cannot describe how much I miss having you in my life, through the good times and the bad. You were always there for me, no matter what you had going on. You never criticised my tears, or called me names, or put me down.

Your humour was your way of showing how much I meant to you. And my retorts were my way of saying I wanted to grow up to be the person you became as my grandfather.

You never denied me the affection and love I didn't get from my father. You never denied me your attention when I needed it. You taught me about yourself, and about what goes on in my own head.

You loved me every day, didn't you? I know I love you, even though we're not together in the same lifetime. But one day, we'll meet again. And I'll run to your arms as fast as I can, and be the happiest little girl in the universe again.

You're still the centre of my world. And I can only hope that you're proud of anything I strive to do, and I know that when I'm down, you're holding my hand and whispering to me that I'll be okay. All I need is time.

I'll never forget you. I promise.

~Sam.